With the temporary closing of the University’s Tippin Gymnasium for renovations, this assignment was fast-tracked to allow the Rec Center to accommodate multiple activities and a greater number of students at any given time.
- New wood flooring system was placed over an existing poured synthetic flooring.
- The facility will now have the capability to host not only collegiate sports programs, but also intramural sports and high school tournaments.
- Court markings and graphics are provided to meet NCAA regulations and dimensions.
- Due to increase in elevation of the floor (approx. 2” buildup) ramps were required to provide accessible egress from the space. These were constructed out of Ardex, a resilient flooring material.
- Existing equipment such as basketball hoops, and volleyball inserts were able to be modified to accommodate the buildup of 2”.