The center provides areas for weight training and cardiovas-cular exercise, as well as a school spirit store and storage areas. The addition also has a reflective roof, and the project was completed with minimal disturbance on a tight site near a stream.
The heating/ventilating/air conditioning system has several sustainable features:
- Variable speed drive
- Merv 13 filters for better air quality
- Demand control ventilation
- Hot gas reheat for dehumidification
- R-410 refrigerant (contains HFC not HCFC)
- Supply air ductwork is fabric instead of sheet metal